Monday, November 20, 2006

Treasure Planet


Michael Spooner's concept art for Treasure Planet was incredible. I've always loved concept art, the way it influences the final build of the project and the small minute changes that are made. It has it's own style even, with the use of black and blue for shading and its sketchy feel, yet still retaining precision and concept value. I found it very sad that they didnt use his final ideas for the moon harbor and I would be even sadder if I was in his place and all my concepts and drawings that I had worked and slaved over for so long were simply discarded and a simpler idea was implemented. I could seriously consider a concept artist as a legitimate career choice for myself because I love drawing and coming up with concepts, and even more so in helping them transform into finished pieces. All in all, an awesome show which I enjoyed extensively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home