Monday, December 11, 2006

The Birth of Ideas

It's interesting the random times that film or music ideas pop into your mind. I've had my fair share come from when I have a fever considering I can't really form rational thoughts and usually random scenarios play through my head....maybe I'm crazy. Dreams seem to be another good source for material, many films, plays and songs have originated from dreams and the interesting thoughts they bring. One of the main reason that dreams bring about such intriguing material is that they make your mind deal with problems and things you don't understand, resulting in abstract interpretations of problems, that which art is made of. This brings up something interesting about music today, are artists expressing themselves anymore and their deep problems? I would argue that many are not, considering the amount of songs dealing with things like ho's and bling nowadays.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home